Join the Team
Creative Digital Specialist
Salary range: $60,000 – $69,500
Deadline to apply: June 30, 2022
O2O Strategy Group seeks a Creative Digital Specialist to support our movement partner organizations by producing compelling audio-visual content, formulating effective digital ad campaigns, and using data to improve community and worker organizing outcomes. This position will support organizing campaigns on a range of issues including workplace justice, public education, the care economy, immigrant rights, corporate accountability, and more. The ideal candidate is a powerful digital storyteller with skill in a number of digital mediums including graphic design and video.
The Online to Offline Strategy Group (O2O) is first and foremost a group of organizers dedicated to winning bold, progressive change. We use our digital and organizing expertise to advance the mission of labor unions and social justice organizations to achieve the soul, scale, and sustainability they need to win big change. We innovate. We connect. We build community with the explicit goal of shifting power back into the hands of working people.
As organizers, we believe it’s critical to meet our people where they’re at, then move them through an organizing pathway to take action and develop their leadership; increasingly, that means meeting online first. Our online to offline organizing methods were born out of necessity, through worker-led fights with Walmart, the largest employer in the US. Since then, we’ve applied O2O strategies to dozens of campaigns to build robust digital infrastructure, effective organizing workflows, and real communities that unleash transformative collective action. The content that this position creates will be an entry point to thousands of organizing conversations for campaign members, leaders and organizers.
- Produce compelling, persuasive audio-visual and written content that moves people to action on a range of issues through digital ads, organic social media, and other communication methods and engagement opportunities.
- Formulate digital ad campaigns to test campaign messaging, generate leads for organizers, and move audiences to action.
- Support O2O partners through the creative process of developing the visual identity, narrative, messaging, audio-visual content, materials, websites, etc. for their campaigns.
- Work with the O2O training team to develop accessible training materials for diverse participants.
- Use data to inform digital campaigns by tracking partners’ results, designing rigorous experiments, listening to audiences across platforms, iterating tactics, and keeping on top of cultural trends and current research.
- Provide the O2O team and our partners with regular updates and reports of what’s working, areas for improvement, and new opportunities.
- Develop and enhance O2O’s visual style and promotional materials including website content, pitch decks, proposals, reports, etc.
- You have a track record of producing high-quality audiovisual content on a range of issues that has helped an organization move people to action.
- You have a good understanding of digital tools and their application to organizing including, but not limited to, peer-to-peer texting, broadcast texting, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- You are skilled in balancing the need for high quality work with expediency to meet campaign timelines.
- You have a high level of skill with at least one graphic design program (Canva, Photoshop, etc.) and one video program.
- You have an intermediate level of skill in Google Sheets and/or Excel. You should be comfortable using basic tools for cleaning, analyzing, and sharing data.
- You have a track record of using data and supporting a team with data, including maintaining high quality data in a database or spreadsheets, analyzing and reporting data to help inform organizing strategy, and/or creating visualizations to communicate information to diverse groups of people.
- You are self-motivated, highly accountable to your team and clients, and comfortable and effective working in a remote environment.
- You understand and can articulate issues facing communities of color, low-income families, and lgbt+.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice.
- Travel for partner visits and trainings may be required but will be contingent on covid safety conditions.
- At least 2 years experience working in progressive political campaigns, non-profits, or unions.
- Experience with common movement data tools including EveryAction/VAN, Action Network, Zapier, etc.
- Proficiency with digital collaboration tools including Zoom, Google Apps, etc.
- Spanish speaking a plus
Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including:
- 17 paid vacation days accrued in the first year
- 12 paid sick days (6 days annual rollover allowed)
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid winter break from December 24-January 2
- Employer covered healthcare, including full premium coverage for base plan
- Dental & vision coverage
- $90/month phone stipend added to paycheck
- 401k contribution
- Annual professional development and tech stipend available after probationary period
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and résumé to Katie Lyon-Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2022. Please write “Creative Digital Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
O2O Strategy Group is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equity. People of color, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.