Upcoming Organizing Trainings in 2024:
Please join us in 2024.
This year we are introducing trainings to help you gain quick and easy to understand insight on digital strategies for list building, outreach, and growing your communities online to take action offline. We’re calling this our “Online to Power” series. We’re offering bitesized training opportunities on topics like the art of the digital doorknock, using the online to offline pathway to recruit union members, and trainings for managers for developing effective campaign strategies using the online to offline pathway.
🌟 Lastly, we are dedicated to bridging the barriers for access to resources and training for digital organizing and practitioners within our movement. In 2024 some of the Online to Power training sessions will be available for free to activists, organizers, communicators, and movement organizations interested in learning more about the O2O pathway. Bilingual interpretation from English to Spanish will also be available in the sessions marked with a 🌟.
To learn more about the individual Online to Power sessions please read below:
Level 1 Online to Offline Organizing Trainings
The ways in which we engage with the world around us have dramatically shifted in recent years, thanks to our continually evolving technology. The average person checks their smartphone 30+ times each day. The average Facebook user checks Facebook 14 times each day. Everyone is online and everyone is using their phone. But our movement has yet to fully harness digital tools to engage with people where they are and move them to take action offline.
In our Level 1 style trainings, you’ll learn how organizations are using the online-to-offline strategy and gain practical experience working in our model.
Learnings & Skills Include:
The agenda for each training is catered to the needs of the 20 participants in the room. However, all of our training will cover:
- The online-to-offline organizing pathway: How do we move people from online conversations to offline action?
- Building an online-to-offline organizing infrastructure: What are the spaces our organization should be creating online given our goals and mission and how do we build a list of potential members?
- Best practices of initial conversations on different platforms in our online-to-offline model (We call it digital doorknock!)
- Overview of digital tools and analytics: What out there is available to us?
- Starting a campaign from scratch: What does it look like step-by-step to launch an online to offline organizing campaign?
- Creating engaging content for social media: How do we analyze what content is working best not just to go “viral” but to begin organizing conversations?
Costs: We have a sliding scale of costs for each participant based on the size of your organization.